I am currently using Qt Creator 1.3 for my Qt applications. I know it uses jom for make step which is better when we have multi-core processors. But besides that what are all the advantages of using both the IDEs? Dis advantages as well? I am using the CL compiler though for compiling my applications. Are there any other specific advantages and disadvantages of these IDEs?
I am using QtCreator for development of my Qt applications because I it better fits the Qt classes as such. However I use Visual Studio for Debugging those projects.
- better Qt object support (help, navigation, etc.)
- better GUI editor
- some nice features like mouse navigation
- really fast IDE
- poor debugging (at least I don’t know how to efficiently use it here) compared to VS
Visual Studio (+Visual Assist):
- great debugger
- Visual Assist
- easier project file configuration and customization (qmake is way too limited in some areas)
- Visual Studio is my choice for C++ development (I’m used to it)
- Qt integration is not that good (IMHO)
Answered By – fmuecke
Answer Checked By – Gilberto Lyons (BugsFixing Admin)