I am hoping to implement search in my asp.net website. I have been searching the web, but I am not sure which way to go. Here is what I am looking for:
- ability to search the text in static pages on my site
- exclude pages or folders that I don’t want to search
- code must be in vb.net or c#
- must be something I can quickly implement
- .net 2.0 or later preferred
The best example that I have found so far is http://www.codeproject.com/KB/applications/SearchDotnet.aspx
I like it. I am just hoping to find a more modern one. This one is written in .NET 1.0
Hmmm…if you want quick, you should probably go with google integration.
My preferred search engine that you can implement custom is Lucene.NET, however. There should be plenty of examples out there and the documentation is quite good. Depending on your skill level, you may be able to get it in place quickly….but not likely if you’re a beginner.
Answered By – smercer
Answer Checked By – Clifford M. (BugsFixing Volunteer)