[SOLVED] Qt Frame with movable border


This is probably me lacking in Google-fu.

I happen to be programming in PySide, but I assume that everyone names this feature the same across GUI toolkits. It’ll certainly use the Qt nomenclature.

What’s the name of the widget, frame, or whatever, that lets you have an adjustable border between two frames? Here’s a screenshot from Argos — I can grab the heavy vertical line and change the border between the "files" menu and the image window.

With a keyword, I can look it up.

enter image description here


You are looking for QSplitter. Just add the widgets inside with addWidget(QWidget *widget)

Answered By – Mat

Answer Checked By – Senaida (BugsFixing Volunteer)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *