I want to create a web app for educational purposes in which I required a search bar which helps me get Facebook’s user data
For example: username, image
These two fields are enough for me.
Is it possible for me to retrieve such data using React.JS?
Here is the basic steps:
- Create a facebook app and add facebook login to it.
- Setup facebook login allowed SDK URls (where you will call the login method) and redirect URL after login.
- Add needed permissions to your app
- Add facebook SDK scripts to your react index.html or install the SDK.
- Using the SDK call FB.login() and from the response save the user access token
- send a request to FB_API_URL/me to get the user data you want
before all that test your requests to the created app with FB graph API Explorer https://developers.facebook.com/tools/explorer/
Last step: submit your app for review as most permissions will not work before this step.
Answered By – sh.e.salh
Answer Checked By – David Goodson (BugsFixing Volunteer)