- Is it possible to generate barcode from a string
- Is there any builtin classes for generating barcodes in asp.net?
- Is it possible to detect a barcode printer connected with a system?
Yep. Of course it is possible. 🙂
As far as I know there are two ways to generate bar codes:
- Using a special bar code font (try to google for "barcode font free")
- Render the bar code to an image and display that (try using the Barcode Rendering Framework available on github)
In response to your updated question about detecting barcode printers:
I think a barcode printer will show up as a regular printer on your system. At least that is how the devices I have played with have worked.
This means that you can detect a specific barcode printer by enumerating the installed printers on the system and looking for the specified device, but in most cases I would suggest that you let the user specify the printer himself using either the standard print dialog or using a custom dialog.
Answered By – Rune Grimstad
Answer Checked By – Mary Flores (BugsFixing Volunteer)