[SOLVED] Facebook Open Graph does not scrape my website correctly "Meta Tags In Body"

Issue

We have a website which I should correct.
http://gewinnspiel.point-s.de/gw

I integrated the Facebook Meta Tags as described on the developer pages of Facebook.
But when I put my link in the Open Graph Debugger it says “Meta Tags In Body” and doesn’t find the tags.
I can’t get it work properly, maybe you can help me.

https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/og/object?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gewinnspiel.point-s.de%2Fgw%2F


Update:

Answer from CBroe is correct/good.

Here I found an article (german) which shows how to remove BOM from your files.
Because of the pictures, I think it is also helpful for no-german speakers.

http://simonstamm.de/kodierung-utf-8-ohne-bom/

Solution

When you click on See exactly what our scraper sees for your URL, it displays:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html><body>
<p>&iuml;&raquo;&iquest;

</p>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

… and so on.

&iuml;&raquo;&iquest; are the HTML entities for the characters , and those are what’s known as a Byte Order Mark.

BOMs cause more problems for UTF-8 documents on the web than they solve – so try and remove the BOM from all your files that the page is composed of. (Use “save as UTF-8 without BOM” or similar in your editor.)

Answered By – CBroe

Answer Checked By – Pedro (BugsFixing Volunteer)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.